Tuesday, 21 February 2017

Research (Qualitative) Focus group


When carrying out my focus group I chose 3 girls and 3 boys where I discussed my draft opening and some questions that will benefit me when filming. This was a successful task as it helped me especially when i went to film my real film task as i took into consideration what they said



1. When reading my treatment what was your initial thoughts .


Laura : " The story line is very engaging and makes me want to watch the film instantly. It has that typical horror idea but I also enjoy the serial killer situation as its very intriguing to see why he became what he is. 



James: " I think that this would make a really good film as it in loves suspense horror and action that attracts viewers like me. 




Gina : " I think that the story line is fantastic and I would go and watch it in the cinema. I also think its unique as it is more than just a horror film because while the serial killer is going around we actually find out the background about him." 




Kieran: " I want to see this film it sounds so interesting and i like the idea of flashbacks being involved."




Ruby: " It something i would really enjoy and i'm not a extreme horror fan but this whole idea of the serial killer but his tragic background does interest me hugely and its really unique."  




Sean: " Its a great story line of a film and is something that would attract me straight away."  




2. When viewing the draft of the opening first half in the forest how did you feel? 




Laura: "Its an amazing first draft i enjoy it and it makes me want to see what happens next." 




James: " I especially love the idea of the headphones as it adds to the suspense because she cannot hear the sirens." 




Kieran: " i think it was so intense but there needs to be more shots of the warining signs and 'Amy' reading them." 




All members agreed with these statements after or had similar thoughts. 




3. What do you expect to see in a horror film? 




Boys: Lots of killings and things that make us jump. 




Girls: Murder scenes and scare the viewers and horror settings like darkness. 




4. Which horror films do you enjoy? 




James, Gina and Kieran: Hush 




Sean: Saw 




Ruby and Laura: The conjuring 


The focus group will help me strengthen my filming especially as I was able to show them the first draft on my phone but also gain an understanding on what they think of my treatment.  



No comments:

Post a Comment